Expressions of Nature- Beaver Island
GALLERY EXHIBITION REQUIREMENTS
Call for Entries
The Beaver Island Historical Society is putting together an art exhibit June 21-September 12 focused on the Island’s unique environmental biodiversity. We are calling artists to participate in Expressions of Nature- Beaver Island.
The exhibition is open to all artists – professional or amateur – who wish to submit their own original works. There is a limit of 3 entries that may be submitted for the juried process.
We are looking for artwork that communicates a relationship between biology and beauty- particularly that which allows Beaver Island’s natural assets to be set apart from anywhere else in Michigan. Birds, flowers, reptiles, clean water, dunes, dark skies, inland lakes, and Lake Michigan- all have contributing factors that make Beaver Island one-of-a-kind for science and beauty. Bringing these two together in the form of art will showcase something quite special about Beaver Island.
Participating artists have the chance to win one of 3 prizes:
1st Prize: One week Artist in Residence during color season on the Island, October 2021
2nd Prize: Two nights stay on the Island, bike rentals, and breakfast at Dalwhinnie. During October 2021
3rd Prize: Featured Artist interview and publication
May 27- Artist notification
June 8-17 Artwork delivered to Beaver Island Historical Society
June 21-September 12 - Exhibit
September 12- Closing reception and awards presentations during Irish Fest
Note: In these uncertain times, should the event be cancelled, a new show date will be announced with the same prizes. The participants will have a choice of being refunded or submitting for the new event date. See our COVID-19 statement
Expressions of Nature- Beaver Island Entry Form Instructions
The entry fee is $20.00 for up to 3 entries. Payable by check, credit card or PayPal:
By check to the Beaver Island Historical Society, PO Box 263, Beaver Island, MI 49782.
Fees are non-refundable and entries submitted without the entry fee, proper documentation or not meeting the specified requirements will not be accepted. The Beaver Island Historical Society is not responsible for copyright, trademark, or other proprietary infringement.
Contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Complete the entry form, submit the payment, and attach images.
- There is a limit of 3 entries. A price is needed for artwork that is for sale. (For items not for sale write NFS, but please include a price for our insurance purposes).
- Sale price should reflect a 40% commission for the Historical Society.
- For 3D work you may submit multiple images for your 3 entries.
- Please note submission deadline. All entries must be received by May 1, 2020.
- Artists are responsible for the insurance coverage during transportation to and from Beaver Island. Work will be insured by the museum while on display.
- All work must be gallery ready. Flat work must be wired, and 3D must be securely free standing.